Mediterranean Lentil Salad
This Mediterranean lentil salad is packed with nutrients, tastes great and is ready in only 20 minutes. It is perfect for lunch as it is very satiating, delicious and full of nutritious ingredients.
- 1 cup green lentils – or brown uncooked
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes – halved
- ½ cucumber – diced
- ½ red onion – finely diced
- 2 handfuls baby spinach – chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives – halved or sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ⅔ cup parsley – chopped
- 1 garlic clove – small, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Step by Step Instructions
Cook the lentils according to package instructions. Cook them until tender. Don’t overcook, as they get mushy very quickly!
While the lentils cook, prepare the salad ingredients and the dressing. Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl and prepare the dressing in a small bowl or jar.
When the lentils are cooked, let them cool. Then, add the lentils and the dressing to the salad ingredients and mix everything. Add more salt, pepper or red pepper flakes as needed.
- Vegan: Just skip the feta cheese to make this salad vegan.
- Meal prep: You can prepare multiple servings in advance. Simply store the dressing and salad separately, so the salad doesn’t get soggy.
- Dressing: You can add more lemon juice or red pepper flakes to taste. Skip the Dijon mustard if you don’t like it.
I’m Beri, the one behind the recipes you can find on Bites of Beri. I have a huge love for recipes that are healthy, simple and incredibly delicious. What I love even more: sharing them with you! I am sure you will enjoy browsing through my space in the internet that is all about healthy and tasty foods