Our Food Nutrition Platform
Personalised search and discovery.
Leveraging the most advanced technology, our platform pairs people with products that meet each individual’s specific needs. Local South African grocery retailers’ products are on display for you to browse and discover with navigational ease.
Our platform boasts…
- A dynamic and nuanced ‘shop window’ effect.
- Smart Tagging for seamless filtering and a customised selection.
- A Sort-By feature for advanced product discovery.
- Visually simplified product information.
- Natural Language Processing for in-depth ingredient analysis.
- A chat feature for convenient customer service from our tech team and in-house dietitians.
Currently our platform is a Beta version (kind of like a prototype) so we ask you use the data at your discretion, as some of it may be incomplete.
Our Mobile Web App
Essentially, our nutrition platform made portable… with even more features to enjoy.
On the app you’ll find:
- All our platform’s educational elements from Exercise Equivalents to Fat, Carb and Calorie compositions at hand.
- A barcode scanner for at-home and in-store food nutrition information, instantly.
- Saveable products so you can build a convenient shopping list of all your favourite products and new food finds.
A Future of Personal Companies
The digital world – and abundance of information it provides – has allowed all of us as consumers to become savvier, socially-aware and tenacious shoppers.
Companies are made up of people, created by people and so they must be for people… for us, for you. Because we deserve to be treated as equals, our intelligence acknowledged and worth known.
When it comes to the services KnowIT provide, we have skin in the game. We all want to know we’re doing everything in our power to remain in good health. And while we’re doing that, we want our food shopping experiences to be seamless and conducive to these healthy lifestyles we’re committed to living.
What’s changed about the way we shop?
Everyone’s an expert and expectations have risen
Modern South African consumers want to engage with the brands and products we’re interested in. We want to interact with them. We require trusted information and relevant reviews about them.
A common trend among retailers is to replicate their physical offerings online, simply uploading a database of all the products they sell. However in-store and online are completely different experiences and should be treated as such. In the physical world, retailers have access to all sorts of visual cues to grab shoppers’ attention. In the digital world these don’t exist. That means a lot more thought goes into making the right products discoverable to the right shopper.
With all the on-demand and nuanced technology we’re used to, grocery e-Commerce and omnichannel experiences must meet our raising standards.
A Digital Solution
At KNOWITWORLD we’re constantly developing our technology. This alleviates the pressure retailers and brands are under to keep up with digitising times.
With us the experience of e-commerce is effortlessly enhanced and shoppers’ needs instantly met.
An Optimised Result
We create intelligible dietary attributes, which ensure more suitable products reach the shoppers looking for them. We provide:
- Accurate and up-to-date reflections of product packages.
- Comprehendible attributes, translating any confusing labelling into palatable terms.
- Consistent definitions of tags and search criteria.
And we’re always adapting to evolving shoppers’ vocabularies and changing dietary trends.
A Health Answer
We satisfy the health-conscious with our understanding that wellness depends on personal, specific and changeable intolerances, allergies and dietary beliefs.
Through extracting and visualising nutritional information, we allow people to confidently and conveniently shop in accordance with individual requirements.
Let’s keep you in the loop.
We’ll keep you up-to-date on all you need to know about our platform, app and more.